This summer has been too busy.
I missed Memorial Day.
I missed the Fourth of July.
I missed Labor Day.
I missed my 2-year anniversary in China.
Tomorrow I’m celebrating…. I’m not sure. Dad’s birthday? Sure… that’s a good excuse to have friends over.
I’ll post pictures afterwards, but here’s the menu (so far)
- Jambalaya! This has been a big hit in the past.
- Enchilladas. This will be my first attempt to make them using ingredients available in China. I don’t see any major problems–except that I may be restricted to Gouda as the only cheese I have available. The local supermarket hasn’t restocked their Cheddar in a week. I can only hope that there’s some there tomorrow.
- Chips and Salsa. Sorry, Mom. I’m not using your recipe this time. I did some research and found the most common ingredients and came up with my own non-cook recipe. I only have 2 burners on the stove, so I have to prioritize what gets cooked. I’ve made two batches of this recipe this week, and it’s pretty good.
- Deviled Eggs (probably). They’re cheap, easy to make (I have an egg cooker that does 7 at a time), and people here like them.
- Mini pizzas (sort of). If I take Indian flat-bread, put on marinara sauce, random toppings, and some cheese, then pop it in the toaster oven…. Pizza!
- Garlic bread. If I can get a baguette, I’ll slice it up with some garlic butter
- Pseudo bruscetta (okay… spell-check hates that word). If I feel up to it, I’ll take some baguette slices, toss on some random toppings, shred a little cheese on top and toast them.